From: Fox <halfsocialfox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] banshee installation without systemd
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 23:03:27
1 On 02/23/2014 07:25 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Fox <halfsocialfox@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >> after reading the thread about systemd somebody mentioned sys-fs/eudev. I
5 >> decided used because I had systemd only to used udev and unmerge systemd.
6 >>
7 >> Now I can't use Banshee which I use as my music player because of the next
8 >> dependency tree:
9 >>
10 >> banshee
11 >> <- gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon
12 >> <- sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
13 >> <- sys-apps/systemd
14 >>
15 >> and systemd can't be used because it conflicts with eudev.
16 > Knowing the exact versions in the dependency chain would be useful.
17 >
18 >> Is there anyway to avoid emerge systemd in this case?
19 > gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon 3.8.x and 3.10.x have the (quite
20 > unsupported) openrc-force USE flag. Set it, and it will force gsd to
21 > be used with OpenRC, so you don't need to depend on systemd.
22 >
23 > Be aware, this is totally unsupported; from
24 > /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:
25 >
26 > gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon:openrc-force - Skip systemd
27 > dependency (#480336), enabling this flag will become your setup to be
28 > fully unsupported by upstream and downstream Gnome team. Do not try to
29 > enable it unless completely needed
30 >
31 > So, if something breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
32 >
33 > Regards.
34 Ok, thanks for the advise.