From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] banshee installation without systemd
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 18:25:22
1 On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Fox <halfsocialfox@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > after reading the thread about systemd somebody mentioned sys-fs/eudev. I
4 > decided used because I had systemd only to used udev and unmerge systemd.
5 >
6 > Now I can't use Banshee which I use as my music player because of the next
7 > dependency tree:
8 >
9 > banshee
10 > <- gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon
11 > <- sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
12 > <- sys-apps/systemd
13 >
14 > and systemd can't be used because it conflicts with eudev.
15
16 Knowing the exact versions in the dependency chain would be useful.
17
18 > Is there anyway to avoid emerge systemd in this case?
19
20 gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon 3.8.x and 3.10.x have the (quite
21 unsupported) openrc-force USE flag. Set it, and it will force gsd to
22 be used with OpenRC, so you don't need to depend on systemd.
23
24 Be aware, this is totally unsupported; from
25 /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:
26
27 gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon:openrc-force - Skip systemd
28 dependency (#480336), enabling this flag will become your setup to be
29 fully unsupported by upstream and downstream Gnome team. Do not try to
30 enable it unless completely needed
31
32 So, if something breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
33
34 Regards.
35 --
36 Canek Peláez Valdés