From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Losing time somewhere
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:22:41
1 thanks for the response
2
3 So far as I can tell I have not had ntp on my system, I have not put
4 it on myself the only way it could have been on is if it were a
5 default during original install of Gentoo in which case --depclean
6 ought not to have removed it as it should "belong" to something [world
7 , system ]
8
9 I may give up on chrony and put a ntp on and see if that cures it,
10 though I prefer not to just mask a problem if there is one, could a
11 clock slowdown be something as serious as an indication of hardware
12 problems?
13
14 stu
15