From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] btrfs conversion: first impressions
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:34:29
1 Am 12.05.2014 20:28, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2
3 > Next steps:
4 >
5 > * see if things work :-)
6 >
7 > * migrate my other, faster and bigger SSD to the new and shiny root-fs.
8 > I boot from the EFI partition there ... but root and stuff is on the 2nd
9 > SSD.
10
11 done that today ... and removed the older SSD so my main desktop is now
12 on btrfs-only on one SSD and one HDD ... and currently not actively
13 mounting any extX-fs or LVM-LVs ...
14
15 interesting ;-)
16
17 I moved the underlying imagefiles of my VMs into separate
18 btrfs-subvolumes ... nice to be able to do snapshots here and then ... I
19 also took a snapshot of my /home before I cleaned up some of my
20 .thunderbird profile, for example.
21
22 Helpful and promising in a way, I hope I won't see big crashes in the
23 next days or so.
24
25 How to transform partitions/directories set up with cryptsetup into this
26 new world? Set up a btrfs on top of the crypted fs ? I ask because I
27 look for a clean setup for my 2 thinkpads.
28
29 Stefan