From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 15:18:38
1 On Monday 06 June 2011 08:36:47 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2011-06-06 8:26 AM, Indi wrote:
3 > > It forces one to log into the IMAP server manually and restore order,
4 > > as the configuration dialog gives no way of doing that. Then, making
5 > > sure tbird is not running, one must go into ~/.thunderbird/, find the
6 > > files that specify IMAp and local folders, figure out the syntax, and
7 > > edit accoringly. It's a ridiculous amount of hoops to force a user to
8 > > jump through, downright user-hostile in fact.
9 >
10 > Eh??
11 >
12 > All you have to do is first tell Thunderbird which folders you want to use:
13 >
14 > Tools > Accounts Settings > Copies & Folders
15 >
16 > For Trash:
17 >
18 > Tools > Accounts Settings > Server Settings > When I delete a message:
19
20 2 different locations to configure the "default" folders?
21
22 > Then restart Thunderbird, then you can delete the folders it created
23 > automatically...
24
25 Restart to make changes active?
26
27 > Not idea, I'll grant you, but it isn't *that* hard to do...
28
29 If you know the different locations to change it AND realize you need to
30 restart the application for changes like these to take effect?
31 These settings should be immediately active.
34 Joost