From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 20008 install problem: "Could not find the root block device in ."
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:46:07
1 Jarry schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 > I just downloaded install-amd64-minimal-2008.0.iso, burned
4 > it, and tried to boot&install. But during boot-up, a message
5 > comes:
6 > ____________________________________
7 > >> Determining root device...
8 > !! Could not find the root block device in .
9 > Please specify another value or: press Enter for the same,
10 > type "shell" for a shell, or "q" to skip...
11 > root block device() :: _
12 > ____________________________________
13 >
14 > What am I supposed to do???
15 >
16 > It is a common pc, with Asus mobo (nForce4 chipset),
17 > 2x sata-disk, 1x sata-dvd, nvidia graphics. Everything
18 > correctly detected in bios and during boot-up.
19 >
20 > On the same computer, I could install gentoo-2007 last year,
21 > but unfortunatelly disk has died, so I had to replace it and
22 > install again...
23 >
24 > Jarry
25 >
26 There was bug fix release for amd64. See gentoo.org the first news for
27 more info. Perhaps this is for you.