From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Genkernel doesn't work when module loadable support is disabled
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:32:55
1 On 9/1/06, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
2 > On Friday 01 September 2006 15:29, Xavier MOGHRABI wrote:
3 > > Do you know how can I generate my kernel w/o module support
4 > > using Genkernel ?
5 >
6 > You don't.
7 >
8 > The entire point of genkernel is to make it easy for newbies to
9 > compile a kernel, complete with all needed modules, lvm & raid
10 > support if needed, maybe a splash and an initramfs.
11
12 Right.
13
14 Although if you did still want to use genkernel to get an initramfs
15 and a nice splash screen, the correct way is:
16
17 genkernel bzImage initrd
18
19 It might also be useful for you to read genkernel --help.
20
21 -Richard
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list