From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which -march flag to pick for Intel Core 2 Duo in make.conf?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:26:02
1 On 5/24/07, Denis <denis.che@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Are these any options in the kernel and in the gcc to optimize for
4 > Intel's Core 2 Duo chips? When I set up my gentoo box for the Pentium
5 > Processor Extreme Edition (dual core prescott), I just used
6 > -march=prescott in make.conf
7 >
8 > Which -march flag would be the most relevant gcc optimization for
9 > Intel Core 2 Duo?
10 >
11 > And is there explicit support in the latest gentoo kernel for Core 2
12 > Duo, or does it go under Pentium 4 family?
13 >
14 > Thanks
15 > --
16 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
19 A gentoo forum thread[1] states to use -march=nocona for Core 2 Duo, and
20 -march=prescott for Core Solo/Duo.
21
22 [1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3602555.html
26 - Mark Shields