From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which -march flag to pick for Intel Core 2 Duo in make.conf?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:32:07
1 After reading some docs, the impression I get is that the 'nocona'
2 flag is for building a 64-bit system... For a 32-bit system, it seems
3 like 'prescott' would be the choice, wouldn't it?
4
5 This from the GCC website about 4.2.0 release changes:
6
7 IA-32/x86-64
8
9 * -mtune=generic can now be used to generate code running well on
10 common x86 chips. This includes AMD Athlon, AMD Opteron, Intel
11 Pentium-M, Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Core 2.
12 * -mtune=native and -march=native will produce code optimized for
13 the host architecture as detected using the cpuid instruction.
14 * Added a new command line option -fstackrealign and and
15 __attribute__ ((force_align_arg_pointer)) to realign the stack at
16 runtime. This allows functions compiled with a vector-aligned stack to
17 be invoked from legacy objects that keep only word-alignment.
18
19 We don't have gcc-4.2.0 in our portage available for installation yet,
20 do we? Anyone know when?
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list