From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In-Kernel Standby [Fork of Standby]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:23:57
1 On Monday 17 September 2007, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > This topic has gotten me wondering. I used to us Suspend2-sources, but
3 > on my current laptop install I'm just flying with gentoo-sources using
4 > the built in suspend. What are the important differences?
5 >
6 > Sometimes upon trying to execute the hibernate script, it will fail with
7 > some kind of "Access denied" or some such, but I've never been able to
8 > determine exactly under what circumstances that happens. It might be
9 > when I've been using the swap space for actual swapping, but I've not
10 > actually confirmed that. Anyone knowledgeable care to chime in?
11
12 Not so sure about the knowledgeable part, but here it goes:
13
14 Some devices are not managed successfully by acpid. You need to either shut
15 them down/bring them up by hand or amend your hibernate scripts to do so,
16 prior to hibernation taking place. Modems and USB devices are the usual
17 suspects.
18
19 If you run out of space it will tell you so in syslog.
20
21 Now someone more knowledgeable could build this up a bit. ;-)
22
23 HTH.
24 --
25 Regards,