From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migrating hard drives
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:45:31
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2008 18:44:53 schrieb Joerg Schilling:
4 >
5 > > "cp" neither has a "-a" nor a "-x" option. Are you talking abut "gcp"?
6 >
7 > Sure he is. This is a Linux mailing list. We don't care which options are
8 > missing in Solaris' version of cp ;-)
9
10 I was not talking about the Solaris cp but about "cp", the way it is in the
11 standard.
12
13 The problem with giving unspecific advise based on non-standard behavior is
14 that people may later use the same command line on other platforms and
15 fail......
16
17 Jörg
20 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin