From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight placeWHACK-A-MOLE
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:09:41
1 On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:32 pm, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > But now grub wont work at all.
3 > there's either a crash or the thing
4 > boots to an error message such as "end_request: I/O
5 > error, dev fd0, sector 0". Needless to say the floppy
6 > drive is fine. Or, "The file /boot/grub/stage1 not
7 > read correctly"
8
9 Maxim I had a similar thing happen when grub went thru an upgrade on the box
10 that I missed. Next boot resulted in grub complaining. Re-installing grub
11 to the MBR fixed it (using the version of grub that was installed on the box,
12 not the grub on the knoppix cd).
13
14 Have you tried that?
15 --