From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo in a tight placeWHACK-A-MOLE
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:38:21
1 You fix it here it breaks again over there :( Turns
2 out the drive is OK(at least the file system), it was
3 another drive on the same cable. But now grub wont
4 work at all. Interesting, at first grub could boot xp
5 and gentoo, then xp failed and now gentoo wont boot --
6 no matter how I set grub up, from the command-line,
7 boot floppy, as a grub-install. It doesn't matter the
8 partition either; there's either a crash or the thing
9 boots to an error message such as "end_request: I/O
10 error, dev fd0, sector 0". Needless to say the floppy
11 drive is fine. Or, "The file /boot/grub/stage1 not
12 read correctly"
13
14 > Um, maybe I missed something Maxim. Do you have a
15 > cdrom? If so, just boot
16 > from a knoppix cd. Comes with tons of repair tools
17 > already on it. Then you
18 > wouldn't have to struggle with trying to get that
19 > small drive into a bootable
20 > state...
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
33 http://mail.yahoo.com
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list