From: Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Key reinstallation attack on WPA2 - new vulnerability discovered
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 19:39:18
1 LEDE has already patched this issue. That's what I run on my router. But
2 android? I doubt my phone would be getting an update if I wasn't running
3 lineageos.
4
5 On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > On 10/19/2017 11:35 AM, Mick wrote:
8 >
9 >> In case you are not aware of this vulnerability:
10 >>
11 >> https://www.krackattacks.com/
12 >>
13 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/634440
16 > I read this the other day. It seems that pretty much all devices are
17 > affected by this. I'm curious to know how many Android handsets will
18 > actually get fixed.
19 >
20 > Apparently if one of the client or AP is patched it is better but not
21 > completely fixed. So now I wonder of all those old home routers that
22 > probably haven't had a firmware update ever.
23 >
24 > Then what about all the crappy IoT devices which rarely update? Ugh.
25 >
26 > This is really nasty.
27 >
28 > Looks like Google is working on it, so is Apple, Microsoft, and a bunch of
29 > other vendors.
30 >
31 > There looks to be a patch for my UBNT AP already. I read yesterday
32 > Microsoft is advising people to update Windows to get the fix.
33 >
34 > Ugh, I can hear people asking me questions about this already.
35 >
36 > Having a CVE on pretty much every wifi device in existence... Wow.
37 >
38 > Dan
44 Regards,
45
46 [image: Visit online journal] <https://lramage94.github.io/>
47
48 *Lucas Ramage* / Software Engineer
49 ramage.lucas@×××××××××××.org / (941) 404-6794
50
51 *PGP Fingerprint* / Learn More <https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/>
52 EAE7 45DF 818D 4948 DDA7 0F44 F52A 5A96 7B9B 6FB7
53 <https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF52A5A967B9B6FB7>
54
55 *Visit online journal*
56 http://lramage94.github.io <https://lramage94.github.io/>