From: pge07beb@××××××××××××××××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to mount root dir, Segmentation failure with mount
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:40:09
1 thaks, this one helped me:
2
3 I followed those steps, and where able to recover my system.
4
5 On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 02:34:42AM +0100, Duane Griffin wrote:
6 > Google says someone else hit it once upon a time, but it doesn't seem
7 > to be listed on the kernel bugzilla. Your journal is corrupted and the
8 > kernel is not being as careful as it should before using on-disk data.
9 > If you remove the journal you will hopefully get some or all of your
10 > data back. On a *COPY* of the partition image do the following to
11 > replace the old journal with a new one:
12 >
13 > tune2fs -O ^has_journal <image>
14 > e2fsck -f <image>
15 > tune2fs -j <image>
16 > e2fsck -f <image>
17 >
18 > If everything looks OK and the data you care about is all there then
19 > you can go ahead and fix up your real disk. If you wouldn't mind
20 > though, please keep a copy of the corrupted image. I'll prepare a
21 > patch to fix the BUG and it would be helpful if you could test it once
22 > it is ready.
23 >
24 > > Thaks in andvance for any help,
25 > >
26 > > Carsten
27 >
28 > Cheers,
29 > Duane.
30
31 I'd like to help, so that this problem can be fixed, if you got anything
32 ready, just send it to me, and I'll giv it a try on that corrupted image.
33
34 bye,
35 Carsten
36
37 I now get other problems, but will tell you about later...
38 --
39 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list