From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to resume 'emerge -e @world' after grub fails?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 09:48:03
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Mon, 18 Dec 2017 11:07:08 -0500 schrieb John Blinka:
4
5 > On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Grant Edwards
6 > <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>
8 >> How do I skip grub and continue?
11 > emerge --skipfirst --resume
12
13 This is unfortunately really dangerous, because "emerge --resume" will recalculate the order of the
14 outstanding packages and you have no guarantee that the first one will be the one that failed the last run. In
15 that case you skip an arbitrary package and you may increase your problems.
16
17 You can use --skipfirst only if you have restarted emerge with --resume only and you have ensured that it will
18 really continue with the failing package. You may abort the build then with CTRL-C and restart emerge with
19 both options.
20
21 > I had to do that several times in my 17.0 upgrades.
22
23 Maybe more times than necessary ;-)
24
25 Cheers,