From: matthew.garman@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] email within a LAN?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:41:44
1 Does anyone know of a relatively easy way to send email within a
2 private LAN (192.168.x.x), and at the same time know when to send
3 the mail to an external router?
4
5 I have three gentoo boxes and one OpenBSD box in my home LAN; I'd
6 like to be able to send email internally (i.e. without going out to
7 the Internet) for various administrative notifications (e.g.
8 smartd).
9
10 When I researched this in the past, I couldn't figure out any way
11 simpler than a nontrivial postfix setup PLUS a working DNS/bind
12 installation.
13
14 I'm wishfully thinking that there is now an easy "set it and forget
15 it" way to accomplish what I want :)
16
17 Anyone have any suggestions?
18