From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logout of Desktop Hangs on Laptop
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:43:35
1 dhkuhl@×××××××××.net writes:
2
3 Ugh...
4
5 > ----- Original Message -----From: Alex Schuster Date: Friday, March 11,
6 > 2011 8:47 amSubject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logout of Desktop Hangs on
7 > LaptopTo: gentoo-user@l.g.o> dhk writes:> > > I have a new
8 > laptop with LXDE and XFCE4 installed for the desktop> > environment. I
9 > boot to run level 3 and then run startx. When > logging> out of the
10 > either desktop it never returns to the > command prompt,> > there's just
11 > a blank screen and I can not switch to an alternate> > terminal.
12 > However, the Alt-SysRq EISUB does work and reboots > the system.> > Try
13 > Alt-SysRq-R, this should take keyboard control away from X > so you can
14 > > switch to the text terminals.> > Wonko>
15
16 > I've tried Alt-SysRq-R, it doesn't do anything. Even if it did work, I
17 > would still like to log out normally.
18
19 Um, Alt-SysRq-R alone does not do much. Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-F1 after
20 Alt-SysRq-R? This works well for me, although only once - when I switch back
21 to the hanging X, Alt-SysRq-R does not help again.
22
23 Sure, this is no real solution, but better than Alt-SysRq-EISUB.
24
25 Can you still log in from another system if this happens? Is there anything
26 in syslog or /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
27
28 Wonko