From: dhkuhl@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logout of Desktop Hangs on Laptop
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:05:18
1 ----- Original Message -----From: Alex Schuster Date: Friday, March 11, 2011 8:47 amSubject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logout of Desktop Hangs on LaptopTo: gentoo-user@l.g.o> dhk writes:> > > I have a new laptop with LXDE and XFCE4 installed for the desktop> > environment. I boot to run level 3 and then run startx. When > logging> out of the either desktop it never returns to the > command prompt,> > there's just a blank screen and I can not switch to an alternate> > terminal. However, the Alt-SysRq EISUB does work and reboots > the system.> > Try Alt-SysRq-R, this should take keyboard control away from X > so you can > switch to the text terminals.> > Wonko> >I've tried Alt-SysRq-R, it doesn't do anything.  Even if it did work, I would still like to log out normally.