From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} offline backups
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:50:30
1 >> I have several encrypted backup repositories online and I'd like to
2 >> somehow mirror that offline. I currently have about 20G of data to
3 >> back up. Any ideas? Rewritable Blu-Ray?
4 >>
5 >> - Grant
8 > tape. Used tape drives are cheap. DLT and LTO is as reliable as granite.
11 My goal here is to have something in case all of my online backup
12 repositories (in various geographical locations) get hacked. That's
13 the only plausible scenario I can think of that would result in me
14 losing my data and I'd like to protect against it. Would any kind of
15 disconnectable external drive be appropriate for this? Would tape be
16 the best choice?
17
18 - Grant