From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} offline backups
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:34:10
1 On Mar 4, 2015, at 21:50, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >>> I have several encrypted backup repositories online and I'd like to
4 >>> somehow mirror that offline. I currently have about 20G of data to
5 >>> back up. Any ideas? Rewritable Blu-Ray?
6 >>>
7 >>> - Grant
8 >> tape. Used tape drives are cheap. DLT and LTO is as reliable as granite.
11 > My goal here is to have something in case all of my online backup
12 > repositories (in various geographical locations) get hacked. That's
13 > the only plausible scenario I can think of that would result in me
14 > losing my data and I'd like to protect against it. Would any kind of
15 > disconnectable external drive be appropriate for this? Would tape be
16 > the best choice?
17 >
18 > - Grant
19 >