From: Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Properly handling missing files when downloading files from ftp:// via ISA proxy (emerge/wget)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:14:11
1 2010/9/10 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>:
2 > On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> Is there any way to make emerge (wget) correctly behave when it tries
6 >> to download a non-existing file from FTP
7 >> in a network using ISA as ftp_proxy ? I have one of these at work and
8 >> it's really annoying because of situations
9 >
10 > If you are allowed to bypass the proxy, try --use-proxy=off in your
11 > wget command line.
14 Unfortunately proxy is the only way to access the Internet.
15
16 > It seems your FTP is proxied over HTTP and your client needs to
17 > support this. I'm not sure if wget supports HTTP proxies for FTP.
18 >
19 > Here is a document from Microsoft about configuring ISA and various clients:
20 > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794745.aspx
23 I'll read that, thanks.
24
25 Br,