From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: monit and friends.
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:18:01
1 On 16/10/2017 17:08, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-10-16 14:11, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> My needs here are pretty simple:
5 >> local watchdog that checks if a program is running and restart it if
6 >> not. If that fails 3 times or so, alert me.
7 >> Maybe a few file/dir/fifo monitors as well. Not much else.
8 >>
9 >> I don't need any of monit's graphing features or M/monit, I have other
10 >> tools for that. And mostly don't even need it's http API either.
11 >
12 > supervisor (aka supervisord)
13 >
14 > http://supervisord.org/
15 >
16 > python based, not sure if that's okay with you
19 I forgot about supervisord. Like monit, it runs everywhere and might be
20 easier for the team-mates to understand and work with.
21
22 Python is not a problem, all these hosts are ansible-managed anyway, so
23 they all have to run python-2.7
24
25 Good find, thanks!
28 Alan McKinnon