From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: monit and friends.
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:09:12
1 On 2017-10-16 14:11, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > My needs here are pretty simple:
4 > local watchdog that checks if a program is running and restart it if
5 > not. If that fails 3 times or so, alert me.
6 > Maybe a few file/dir/fifo monitors as well. Not much else.
7 >
8 > I don't need any of monit's graphing features or M/monit, I have other
9 > tools for that. And mostly don't even need it's http API either.
10
11 supervisor (aka supervisord)
12
13 http://supervisord.org/
14
15 python based, not sure if that's okay with you
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.