From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: shot an XFS-filesystem, oh my
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:16:58
1 I had an XFS-filesystem within a KVM-VM (32 bit Gentoo, so it isn't that
2 off-topic, btw ;-) )
3
4 ... and I did a lot of work within that filesystem over the last 2 days.
5
6 Unfortunately it ran full so I decided to shutdown the VM, use qemu-img
7 to resize that image-file (raw format), reboot the VM ... and deleted
8 the partition /dev/vdb1 (virtio ...) and recreated vdb1 with the full
9 size of the underlying image-file.
10
11 XFS doesn't like that.
12
13 Now I lost my xfs-superblock and xfs_check/xfs_repair tell me that they
14 find "candidates for 2nd superblock" but can't decide to actually use
15 them :-(
16
17 The XFS-fs was fine before, unmounted correctly ...
18
19 I am googling and trying ... does anyone have a hint on this?
20
21 If I lose it, OK. No backup (ok, maybe one from a week ago ... without
22 the latest work of today), but it was mostly a pulled git-repo I worked
23 with. I got the generated binaries and have the learned steps documented
24 so I can live with it. But it would be great to somehow get that stuff
25 online again.
26
27 Thanks, greets, Stefan