From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seek advice: converting Sabayon to Gentoo ?
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:17:39
1 On Saturday 27 June 2009 00:50:15 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > I didn't say anything about my hardware. The main hiccough, installing
3 > gentoo, has been the ath5k module, which was at one time, I think,
4 > ath_pci. Newer kernels may support this out of the box, in a gentoo
5 > install.
6
7 My Acer Aspire One running Ubuntu needs that driver. IIRC up to 2.6.27, the
8 ath5k driver was dodgy on certain chips but since 2.6.28 things are much
9 better. The driver is in mainline as well so you should be able to just build
10 it on 2.6.30 and have a workable system, without any need for the madwifi
11 proprietary driver.
14 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com