From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 22:15:08
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Using "emerge --update foo" adds "foo" to your world file. This is
3 > responsible for pretty much every package that incorrectly found its
4 > way into one of my world files.
5 >
6 > Is there any reason to desire the current behavior? I'd like to
7 > suggest that it be fixed, but want to be sure I'm not just being
8 > short-sighted.
12 We noticed that a while back too. I added --oneshot to my make.conf
13 setting to prevent this. When you want something added to the world
14 file, check into the --select option. I'm pretty sure that is the one.
15
16 I do agree that updates shouldn't add things to the world file but I
17 wouldn't hold my breath on it getting changed.
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
25
26 Miss the compile output? Hint:
27 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"