From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Any Flash editor with gui?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:15:18
1 Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 >> A lot of Linux users don't like Flash because it is not a standard.
3 >> When Adobe makes the player source available, I bet we will see Flash
4 >> compilers for other platforms. :-)
5 >>
6 > Yeah, but I think in the long run, 'not liking flash' is a 'bad thing'.
7 > There's a lot of good blood in the flash community that is both willing
8 > and able to spontaneously develop 2 things Linux users want: games and
9 > User Interfaces.
10 >
11 > No I'm not saying do flash. I'm saying there's a substantial community
12 > base that's alienated by Linux users, and they have a lot to bring to the
13 > table if only there were 'liberated'.
14
15 Agreed. It's not going to happen until the standard is liberated tho, like
16 ECMA JavaScript or .NET (which I believe is why mono is acceptable to
17 gnu.org.)
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list