From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Disk usage during emerge
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 19:42:11
1 On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 >> From Paul's output:
5 >>> sys-apps/smartmontools:
6 >>>         5082    /usr/sbin/smartd
7 >>> sys-auth/consolekit:
8 >>>         4384    /usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon
9 >>
10 >> This gives the package name, filename, and PID.  Are you looking for
11 >> something else?
12 >>
13 >> - Bryan
16 > Hi Bryan,
17 >   When I run checkrestart here I don't get all the output you saw in
18 > Paul's post. Right now I have no problems so the output is boring:
19 >
20 > c2stable ~ # checkrestart
21 > Found 0 processes using old versions of upgraded files
22 > c2stable ~ #
23 >
24 > However earlier, when I had 1 old file in use checkrestart told me I
25 > had 1 process that needed to be restarted but didn't tell me which
26 > one. It did say something like
27 >
28 > Read checkrestart(1)
29 >
30 > which I took to be a man page, but I couldn't get anything to come up using man.
31 >
32 > Cheers,
33 > Mark
34
35 Never mind. After an update this morning I had 67 old files in use and
36 checkrestart did tell me the scripts to restart. I must have missed it
37 before.
38
39 Cheers,
40 Mark