From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netfilter: -P INPUT DROP in kernel
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:47:19
1 Daniel Waeber wrote:
2 > Because I'm new to Linux, this is my first patch, so i don't know
3 > if everything is done right. Perhaps someone can examine it
4 > before I send it to kernel.org.
5
6 Give your patch a descriptive name (when attaching it). Don't add
7 unneeded blank lines. And there's a spello in policys, should be
8 policies. Also, make the same changes to ip6table_filter.c.
9
10 > I don't now if how/if this parameter can be passed, if netfilter
11 > is build inside the kernel, so perhaps this is not the perfect
12 > solution.
13
14 Try it out for yourself. :) Before sending something to the kernel
15 mailing list, you'd better have tested your patch in several ways.
16 And read SubmittingPatches in the Documentation dir of the kernel
17 source and some of the references mentioned at the end.
18
19 Benno
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list