From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] AUTOTOOLS
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:18:12
1 Oh, another thing that I didn't tell you:
2
3 I'm an order maniac. When I start a project, my src directory has lots of
4 subdirectories like 'base', 'gui'... and so on. I've seen that is almost a
5 MUST to keep ALL *.UI FILES (from QT) in 'src' (at least KDevelop wants it).
6
7 That is one of the reasons because I would like to write my own Makefile.am.
8 But lots of questions came to my mind, like if I have something like:
9
10 myproject
11 src
12 gui
13 base
14 sounds
15 [...]
16
17 And my objective is only an executable (no .so...) is it necessary to go on
18 creating *.la files for each directory (and portion of code) to get them
19 linked at the end of the build process?
20
21 I had some vtable errors from GCC that I had never had before (because before
22 I used to write my own Makefiles) [no autotools].
23
24 Bye and thanks again,
25 Rafael Fernández López.