From: wu chuanwen <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:00:50
1 2006/4/30, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>:
2 > wu chuanwen wrote:
3 > > 2006/4/30, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name
4 > > <mailto:listen@×××××××××××××××.name>>:
5 >
6 > > Hm, those are not firefox USE flags. What do you get, when
7 > > you run
8 > >
9 > > emerge -vpt mozilla-firefox
12 > > I get this:
13 > > [ebuild U ] www-client/mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.2 [1.5.0.1-r4]
14 > > USE="gnome ipv6 -debug -java -mozdevelop -xinerama -xprint" 37 kB
15 >
16 > Do you really need ipv6? I doubt that this has anything to
17 > do with the problem at hand, but if you don't need it, you
18 > should remove it. If you don't know anything about ipv6,
19 > it's very probable that you don't need it.
20 >
21 thinks for this advice.Maybe next time when i am free i will re
22 -emerge my firefox
23 > To the others: Is ipv6 still one of the default flags? Has
24 > this bug still not been fixed?
25 >
26 > > Have you yet tried a blank profile?
27 > >
28 > > What do you mean?
29 >
30 > As I wrote:
31 >
32 > Try a blank Firefox profile. To create one, run "firefox -ProfileManager".
33 >
34 I have tried,and i am not sure it fater now! Just some time to see it.
35 > > PS: Please no HTML. Makes your posts harder to read.
36 > >
37 > > Do you mean the link i gave in the mail before?Or another thing?
38 >
39 > I mean, that you compose your mails in gmail as HTML or
40 > rich text. This makes them bigger without adding any
41 > benefit to it - indeed, as you can see above, it makes
42 > it even worse, as there are no proper "> " quote marks
43 > before the quoted text.
44 >
45 > Simply click on "plain text".
46 >
47 Oh! I know now.I use gmail(i think it is the best e-mail now which can
48 sort you e-mail by topic and looks very good!)and never see my mail
49 from the mail-list in other application.
50 Is this mail OK now ?
51 > Alexander Skwar
52 > --
53 > Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.
54 > --
55 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
59 Thanks for your reply!
62 wcw