From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LINGUAS
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:27:07
1 On 08/19/2010 06:53 AM, Elmar Hinz wrote:
2 > 2010/8/19 Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>:
3 >>> On the other hand LINGUAS is still a general variable AFAIK and not
4 >>> portage specific.
5 >>
6 >> LINGUAS is strictly portage-specific.
7 >
8 > Really?
9 >
10 > Researching the web I understand it origins from gettext and portage
11 > has implemented it. If I understand right, it would still matter if
12 > you compile something without portage.
13 >
14 > But is the following generalization correct?
15 >
16 > * LINGUAS is the compile time setting (for multiple languages)
17 > * LANG is the runtime setting (for the current language).
18
19 Yeah, but with the caveat that LANG is the generalization for all the
20 LC_* variables.