From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 22:45:10
1 On 11/23/2014 3:34 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> On 11/23/2014 1:07 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> So, don't be surprised if FreeBSD develops something *really* similar
5 >>> (along the lines of the second bullet) to systemd in the future
6 >>
7 >> Doesn't matter because:
8 >>
9 >> a) it won't be systemd
10 >> (with all of its warts)
11 >>
12 >> b) it won't be written by Lennart and company
13 >> (so won't have any of that baggage either)
14
15 > Oh my. So it's the name of the project and (one) author? All the
16 > design and ideas behind it are irrelevant then?
17
18 Not what I said at all, and certainly not what I meant, and you know (or
19 should have known) it.
20
21 I was talking about THE BAGGAGE that comes with those two things (the
22 name, and its association with Lennart).
23
24 Regardless of whether or not you agree with the sentiments, are you
25 seriously suggesting those two things aren't 'baggage' in this case?