From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'buntu --> gentoo --> eeepc
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:53:10
1 On Mon, 4 May 2009 10:26:58 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > Using xubuntu on a usb stick to install gentoo on a eeepc, 4g, 900A.
4 > I've gotten as far as kernel config(Quick-install Guide -> Kernel
5 > Configuration) but when I try to emerge gentoo-sources portage can't
6 > resolve any of the addresses and the process fails.
7
8 Slightly off the point, but I use tuxonice-sources on my Eee. It's
9 gentoo-sources with better suspend.
10
11 > BTW2, I'm using dialup via a serial/usb cable to complete the job at
12 > home,
13
14 Does the dialup work at all. Can you ping any of the gentoo mirrors? Did
15 mirrorselect work?
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.