From: Jeff Cranmer <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc - C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:23:59
1 On Sunday 21 December 2008 03:15:41 pm Justin wrote:
2 > Jeff Cranmer schrieb:
3 > First avoid top posting
4 >
5 > > OK - accepting that my system is broken, I've tried emerge -eav system,
6 > > and it is failing due to several errors. Other than reformatting the
7 > > hard drive, how do I reinstall everything?
8 >
9 > boot livecd, mount the disc as described in the official manuals [1],
10 > extract a propriate tarball, remove all /etc/portage/packages*, review
11 > make.conf, emerge -e system, will bring back your system.
12 >
13 > > Where do I change the accept keywords variable? It isn't in my
14 > > make.conf, and if I put an accept keywords line in there, it simply adds
15 > > to the list of keywords, rather than replacing the amd64 with ~amd64
16 >
17 > Search for it in /etc.
18
19 I'm afraid you'll need to be a little more specific on the accept keywords
20 variable.
21 >
22 > > Jeff
23 >