From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't emerge gnash
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:29:12
1 On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:40:55PM -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I was trying to emerge gnash but failed. Here's the output....
5 >
6 > The problem seems to be boost_thread not present. I'll try to emerge
7 > that, but in any case this looks like a gentoo bug in gnash ebuild.
8
9 Change the jobs option in /etc/make.conf to 1, i.e...
10
11 MAKEOPTS="-j1"
12
13 You'd be surprised how many "unreproducable" bugs that fixes. I
14 simply leave it at that setting all the time. Yes, it takes a little
15 bit longer to build, but the compiled binary runs just as fast. And any
16 time you "save" building will be lost the first time you spend a few
17 hours trying to figure out mysterious build failures.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>