From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] / becomes read only
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 01:11:01
1 * James Colby <jcolby@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the suggestion. I have moved /var to a separate virtual
4 > disk. Hopefully this will give me some clue as to why the root
5 > filesystem keeps becoming read only. If it does turnout to be a disk
6 > timeout do you have any suggestions as how to fix the problem?
7
8 I also had an similar problem (on an physical machine) which I
9 couldn't reproduce. It seemed that the disk itself became ro for
10 some reason. Unmounting and mouting again didnt help. It told me
11 the medium was ro, and so the fs got mounted ro, too.
12
13 Maybe your logfiles can show anythin strange happened on the
14 disk (may an temporary problem on the host disk).
15
16 BTW: I've got some usermode-linux jail somewhere in the net,
17 which randomly gets an ro root fs - I always have to ask the
18 provider to fix it (no idea what he actually does). A few
19 days ago, the problem occoured again, and my provider told
20 me there was an hw problem and he has to change the broken hw.
21
22 Maybe its the same kind of problem ?
25 cu
26 --
28 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
30 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
31 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
32 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
33 http://patches.metux.de/
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list