From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 06:27:21
1 On Monday 01 January 2007 15:24, David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
2 wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild':
3 > One can list binaries known to portage with:
4 >
5 > cat /var/db/pkg/*/*/CONTENTS | grep /usr/bin/
6 >
7 > If that's compared to /usr/bin/*, orphaned binaries can be identified.
8
9 What about stuff installed to /bin, /sbin, and /usr/sbin? Or even rarer
10 places like somewhere under the /opt tree.
13 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
14 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
15 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
16 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh