From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:30:33
1 On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:16:46 +0200
2 Uwe Thiem wrote:
3
4 > On 01 January 2007 19:15, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
5 > > On Monday 01 January 2007 08:16, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote
6 > >
7 > > about '[gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild':
8 > > > revdep-rebuild produces a long list of binaries to be rebuilt.
9 > > > Not wuite surprising since I haven't done it on that box for a
10 > > > long while. Problem is it tells me that at least for one binary
11 > > > no ebuild exists but it doesn't tell me which binary. Bummer! How
12 > > > do I find out?
13 > >
14 > > ???
15 >
16 > I agree. ;-)
19 > > Are you running with the -q option?
20 >
21 > No -q option here. Straight revdep-rebuild.
22 >
23 > > Normally in the "assigning file to
24 > > packages" stage it will produce error text like "<file> not owned
25 > > by any package is broken".
26 >
27 > Yes, I know.
28 >
29 > > Maybe check your output again? Or run with the -v
30 > > option to see if you get any extra messages?
31 >
32 > I swear on a whole barrel of Windhoek Lager that it did not mention
33 > any particular file. The issue is resolved meanwhile (see my other
34 > mail), so I can not reproduce the same output and post it here
35 > anymore.
36 >
37 > Uwe
38
39 One can list binaries known to portage with:
40
41 cat /var/db/pkg/*/*/CONTENTS | grep /usr/bin/
42
43 If that's compared to /usr/bin/*, orphaned binaries can be identified.
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list