From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 20:30:20
1 On 01 January 2007 19:15, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Monday 01 January 2007 08:16, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote
3 >
4 > about '[gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild / missing ebuild':
5 > > revdep-rebuild produces a long list of binaries to be rebuilt. Not wuite
6 > > surprising since I haven't done it on that box for a long while.
7 > > Problem is it tells me that at least for one binary no ebuild exists but
8 > > it doesn't tell me which binary. Bummer! How do I find out?
9 >
10 > ???
11
12 I agree. ;-)
15 > Are you running with the -q option?
16
17 No -q option here. Straight revdep-rebuild.
18
19 > Normally in the "assigning file to
20 > packages" stage it will produce error text like "<file> not owned by any
21 > package is broken".
22
23 Yes, I know.
24
25 > Maybe check your output again? Or run with the -v
26 > option to see if you get any extra messages?
27
28 I swear on a whole barrel of Windhoek Lager that it did not mention any
29 particular file. The issue is resolved meanwhile (see my other mail), so I
30 can not reproduce the same output and post it here anymore.
31
32 Uwe
35 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
36 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list