From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Keeping /usr/portage/distfiles empty. Need the room. :/
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:39:57
1 Don't shoot me, he top posted so I assume he likes it too.
2
3 Noobie alert. Take hand and with a quick motion go right over the top
4 of your head. I did get the emerge -fup PACKAGE part though.
5
6 What I was needing is this. Let's say I want to install mozilla. I
7 issue the command, it downloads it from my local server. Then it
8 compiles and installs it. Then it deletes the source files in
9 /usr/portage/distfiles. If it fails to install, I don't mind it staying
10 there then.
11
12 I thought I saw this option somewhere once before but I couldn't find
13 it. I thought maybe it was in my blind spot somewhere. Maybe not. I
14 was hoping it was a option that I could set in make.conf or with the
15 emerge command itself.
16
17 Oh, well. It almost through installing now. Maybe I can keep it
18 cleaned out.
19
20 > swifty / # df
21 > Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
22 > /dev/hda6 3564108 2352532 1211576 67% /
23 > udev 127336 84 127252 1% /dev
24 > /dev/hda1 48312 37412 10900 78% /boot
25 > none 127336 0 127336 0% /dev/shm
26 > swifty / #
29 I hope she doesn't want to save a lot fo junk. LOL
30
31 < says prayer >
32
33 Dale
34 :-)
37 Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
38
39 > Write a wrapper for emerge.
40 >
41 > (example for updating a package):
42 >
43 > First, get the output of emerge -fup PACKAGE. Use basename to get the
44 > filename. Save that in a variable.
45 >
46 > Second, emerge -u PACKAGE && (for f in $FILES; do rm -f $f; done)
47 >