From: Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo@××××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Keeping /usr/portage/distfiles empty. Need the room. :/
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 01:23:49
1 Write a wrapper for emerge.
2
3 (example for updating a package):
4
5 First, get the output of emerge -fup PACKAGE. Use basename to get the
6 filename. Save that in a variable.
7
8 Second, emerge -u PACKAGE && (for f in $FILES; do rm -f $f; done)
9
10 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Pingveno wrote:
11
12 > Dale wrote:
13 >> Hi all,
14 >>
15 >> I am putting Gentoo on a fairly small hard drive. I would like to clean
16 >> out distfiles to save room. I would like to tell it to download the
17 >> source file then delete it when the compile is finished. I looked in
18 >> the make.conf.example but I didn't see anything that tells it to do that.
19 >>
20 >> Is there a way to do this?
21 >> Thanks
22 >>
23 >> Dale
25 > As a horrible, horrible hack, you could just write a shell script to be run
26 > by crond. I'm sure there's something better, though.
27 >
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list