From: du yang <duyang.seu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Screen blank on Nvidia GT 610M graphic card
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 00:24:26
1 On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Salvatore Borgia <salvo2789@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > this <http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/X.Org/nVidia_Optimus> is the old way
4 > to do the trick, instead this <http://bumblebee-project.org/> is an
5 > interesting recent project but I haven't tried it yet.
8 Thanks Salvatore, and thanks everyone.
9
10 Finally I got it solved by follow Salvatore's suggestion. I am using the
11 bumblebee project.
12
13 there are still some other minor problems solved before success running
14 bumblebee.
15
16 The vgl init script doesn't work on xdm. the xauth section should have a
17 update. the start function of /etc/init.d/vgl was updated. paste here for
18 anyone may need it.
19
20 start() {
21 ebegin "Starting VirtualGL"
22 truncate --size=0 /etc/VirtualGL/vgl_xauth_key
23
24 # Check if XAUTHORITY was set successfully, if not wait a bit and let X
25 to start
26 [ -z "$XAUTHORITY" ] && sleep 3 && set_xauth
27 [ -e "$XAUTHORITY" ] || sleep 3
28 for i in `xauth -f $XAUTHORITY list | awk '{print $3}'`; do
29 xauth -f /etc/VirtualGL/vgl_xauth_key add $DISPLAY . $i && \
30 chmod 644 /etc/VirtualGL/vgl_xauth_key
31 done
32 eend $?
33 }
36 and i915(and its modsetting ) is required for my intel onboard card, but we
37 have to disable all framebuffer driver options before going that.
38
39 else the screen will get blank during boot stage.
42 Dreaming my dream!