From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system clock keeps getting reset to weird times
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:02:42
1 On 11/18/05, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Robert Persson wrote:
3 > > For instance I sometimes find that the kde clock tells me that I
4 > > am on UTC rather than PST. At other times it tells me that I am
5 > > on PST, but gives a time exactly 8 hours in the future.
6 > >
7 > > Now it is getting even weirder because I find that when I boot up
8 > > and enter kde, the clock shows a time approximately, but not
9 > > exactly, 10 days in the past.
10 >
11 > Your hardware clock is supposed to be at UTC?
12 > Check with 'grep CLOCK= /etc/conf.d/clock'.
13 >
14 > Your time zone is correctly set?
15 > Check with 'ls -l /etc/localtime'.
16 >
17 > If those are okay, do:
18 >
19 > rm /etc/adjtime
20 > hwclock --set --utc --date="2005-11-18 21:34" # example time
21 > hwclock --hctosys
22 >
23 > If your hardware clock must be at local time, then replace --utc
24 > with --localtime.
25 >
26 > Benno
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 Also, the KDE clock has a (IMO a very annoying) "feature" that will
33 change the timezone it displays in response to the scroll wheel. So
34 if it ever shows a different time than the "date" command, or jumps to
35 a different timezone, this may be the reason. You can configure the
36 timezones that can be displayed by right-clicking on the clock, Show
37 Timezone -> Configure Timezones.
38
39 -Richard
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list