From: CR Little <crlittle@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:43:26
1 Apparently when I created my first drive pv. I missed something as well
2
3 I have /dev/sda8-14 which are not set allocatable
4
5 --- NEW Physical volume ---
6 PV Name /dev/sda14
7 VG Name
8 PV Size 8.93 GB
9 Allocatable NO
10 PE Size (KByte) 0
11 Total PE 0
12 Free PE 0
13 Allocated PE 0
14 PV UUID 6Rw2Qm-V9ah-BlsX-Dl2V-vDSk-K5Fl-K8Jun3
15
16 I ran pvchange and got the following results.
17 pvchange -x y /dev/sda8 /dev/sda9 /dev/sda10 /dev/sda11 /dev/sda12
18 /dev/sda13 /dev/sda14
19 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda8
20 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda9
21 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda10
22 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda11
23 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda12
24 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda13
25 Allocatability not supported by orphan lvm2 format PV /dev/sda14
26 0 physical volumes changed / 7 physical volumes not changed
27
28 Any help in getting these partitions to allocate would help. It's about
29 130Gigs of space.
32 -----Original Message-----
33 From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.com]
34 Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:35 PM
35 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
36 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
37
38 On Thursday 23 February 2006 15:59, John Jolet <john@×××××.net> wrote
39 about
40 'Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question':
41 > Remember, the fs cannot be mounted when you extend it.
42
43 LOL!
46 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
47 bss03@××××××××××.com
48 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
55 This message contains information from SourceLink - Madison
56 which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an
57 intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying,
58 distribution, or use of this information and note that such
59 actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission
60 in error, please notify by email crlittle@××××××××××.com.
64 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list