From: Simon Turner <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resize raid1 array
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:53:19
1 Getting OT but...
2
3 Something I like with Raid1 is when I want to upgrade, update or
4 modify in any way the installation. I simply degrade the array right
5 before the modif so that I work on only one device (say sda1) and the
6 other (say sdb1) become the pre-modif backup. The the modification is
7 done at the normal speed of a single drive, not hammed by the slow
8 writes of the raid1, once done and tested I can re-add sdb1 and sync.
9
10 Or if there is any complication during the modif, you get the great
11 warm feeling of having a perfect backup in sdb1. =)
12
13 Simon
14