From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lexmark X5650 working in Gentoo Linux?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 05:18:49
1 Carlos Sura wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I've been looking how to get working this printer in my gentoo-b0x,
5 > searched in gentoo wiki, but those ebuilds and links are not updated,
6 > they are a little bit old and none of that worked for me.
7 >
8 > I was thinking if there was any chance if anyone of you have this
9 > printer installed to tell me how to get it work for me... Or a howto,
10 > tutorial, manual?
11 >
12 > Regards,
13 >
14 > --
15 > Carlos Sura.-
19 From what I have read in the past, very few Lexmark printers work in
20 Linux. The last time I checked, the ones that did claim to work had a
21 lot of things missing. I like some things about Lexmark but as a Linux
22 only user, I had to pick something else for my printer. I would check
23 here before buying to see what is supported:
24
25 http://www.openprinting.org/printers
26
27 Dale