From: John Blinka <jblinka@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups is broken
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:32:42
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
4 >This looks very wrong. What happens if you copy the file from the unaffected
5 >box over?
9 Success at last! Here's what I did on the affected box:
10
11 1) emerge -C cups.
12
13 After removing cups, I noted that the /etc/cups directory
14 still existed with all of its old contents. None of it had
15 been removed.
16
17 2) cd /etc/cups
18 mv mime.types mime.types.old
19 mv mime.convs mime.convs.old
20
21 3) emerge cups
22
23 After this step, a new, different mime.types was installed.
24 It was identical to the mime.types file on my unaffected systems.
25
26 4) fire up browser, point it at http://localhost:631. No problems
27 configuring printers.
28
29 Previous attempts to do steps 1) and 3) above, but not 2) resulted
30 in an unchanged, obsolete, and incorrect version of mime.types.
31
32 Thanks for everyone's suggestions in debugging this problem!
33
34 John
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list