From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Random reboots. Where to start?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:05:02
1 Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > Before you start tweaking voltages and replacing PSUs you better test your
4 > *new* memory modules thoroughly, even if that means that you will be using
5 > your old machine for a day or so.
6 >
7 > Personally I usually remove all memory modules and then test one at a time
8 > overnight with memtest 86+. If it gives any errors at all I would send it
9 > back to the shop.
10 >
11 > If they all pass, then voltage and PSU issues will need to be looked at.
12 >
13 > Good luck.
16 This appears to be a corrupt file somewhere. This is the current uptime:
17
18 root@fireball / # uptime
19 08:22:57 up 16:02, 4 users, load average: 0.12, 0.11, 0.13
20 root@fireball / #
21
22 It was rebooting after a couple hours or so before. All I have done so
23 far is basically the same as a emerge -e world. I used the script thing
24 tho. I did the first few hundred packages from a USB stick. Anyway, it
25 appears to be working fine. I'm hoping it stays that way too. I don't
26 want to be chasing down flakey hardware. I like having hair.
27
28 That said, I'm going to reboot, by choice, just to make sure everything
29 loaded is new. If it lasts until tomorrow, maybe this is fixed. I hope.
30
31 Thanks to all for the help. Will post results tomorrow.
32
33 Dale
34